Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why not? some people don't really like to do management work at m1 and above. I have heard of people who reject promotion from E6 to m1. E6 cap at 6k+ already sufficient and comfortable for some people. Especially those people with diploma and worked their way up. 6k+ for a perm role + stable job + keep their old stock options at age 40+ or even 50+ is already a good thing for them.

some age 50+ people that i speak to, plan to retire here, house fully paid, cpf alot of money, have car and good monthly savings. their same age friends might just be retrenched or paycut recently during this covid19 period while they keep their stable jobs.

not everybody aims to or can retire at m4 or higher
No wonder people keep saying ST is a retirement village. It's because of this kind of thought.
In thr business world. If you don't work. Don't bring value to the company. Why keep you?

In this current age fresh grad competiting for job. Inflation. Fresh grad starting pay already 4.5k... Some even asking for 5k+ and you are content with 6k+ doing nothing.

No wonder my friend who work in ST keep saying everything is ding dong push here push there. Nobody want to do. All want to siam work. Cause all just want to twite with 6k do nothing..

No skills.

Disappointing. No wonder. New fresh grad. I hear this story. I also tell my friends etc don't JOIN ST until you are ready to retire