Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Search hacks
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2020, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Current obstacle? Discriminatory hiring on race.

Local U grad, mid-career with reasonable length and depth of experience in my industry, spruced up my resume etc but have not received any responses to job applications.

Only factor left is my brown malay skin. At least 95% of HR are female Chinese, and I suppose I should not fault them for having to choose (especially with a deluge of covid candidates), between someone of the same skin colour or the lazy malay.
Its ok Bro. We have this. They hire based on colour, its their lost. It is not an unknown secret that generally, Malay guys are seem as lazy and cannot be rely on.
See the angel person also just ignore the posts.
Dont join MNC, especially those with tons of Malaysian Chinese. They are even worse than snakes.
Try to go for public service like CPF, PSA etc. There is a mix crowd of Malays Chinese Indians etc etc. Look out for the team and make sure its not just Chinese after Chinese. Its not a good place. Even if you get in, boss will discriminate around you. Typically like the Sales team, Supply Chain, Finance, HR.
Typically, MNCs suffer with this kind of environment. MNCs typically in Tuas. The whole department is just Chinese. They always say Mandarin Speaking only, well park that. I work with Chinese Suppliers, and they are more than willing to do anything to communicate and get business from us. Sending google translated Mandarin emails, getting a English speaker for conference calls, video conference so we can roughly understand one understand. Its give and take. So yes, all that Mandarin speaking only is BS and pple just want their own colour.
They forget we Malay guys are the ones who usually can OT for the company, look at your technicians, who are the ones clocking tons of OT? Obviously those doing strategic or brain intensive work will be able to do it as well.

Btw this all Chinese only department occurs when there are a few old birds who been long there for a long time. But dont worry, in time to come they will die and we newer, younger fresh lot will take over their place. I am confident those whose are typically from local uni will understand the importance of collaboration, using English as the office main form of communication, and be more open to diversity. I am confident. Just dont let the Malaysian Chinese in the team. Never ever trust them.