Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarrissa View Post
Hi! I am starting my compulsory untrained teaching stint soon and I am hoping to get some tips/advices from current teachers with regards to that. It honestly seems a little daunting given that we will have to report straight to the school without much experience (but nonetheless, still very excited to start this journey!).

It will be great if anyone can provide me with some advices in this aspect, how the stint will be like or anything useful for a beginner teacher. Thank you so much everyone!
The stint is a chance for you to think about if you really want to do this career. Bond penalty starts the moment you step into NIE for training. If you change your mind about teaching, can leave when the contract teaching is up without penalty. It is also for MOE and the school to access if you are suited to teach.

Most people are able to pass the contract teaching stage. But I have known a few who passed but changed their mind and left to do another job, and also a few who unfortunately failed the contract teaching.