Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nothing bad. I work at one of these firms and not everybody will be able to survive/enjoy/fit in. It's absolutely premature to just assume "i'm ok with it". Almost like we'll take anybody who wants to come join. LOL.
That is correct. I would also like to add on that community law has its own merits. You get to help a range of individuals from multi-millionaires to estranged wives. The work is impactful as you get to make a huge difference in people’s lives.

The entry to barrier of Chinatown firms is relatively low. However, this should not avert you from applying for a position there. The key point is that you do it if it suits your personality, background and aptitude.

I hope people in the fraternity and those in the forum will stop putting down those who do community law. Chinatown firms deal with different clientele than your typical mid sized/b4/cc/baker. We aren’t competitors. There is no need for such an unwarranted comparison. If OP is keen on doing community law and has a passion for it, who are you to discourage and shame him for using “connections”? I am sure partners are able to judge if a candidate has the aptitude and passion for the work, you don’t have to worry about it.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app