Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Search hacks
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Whats an exHR doing here doing probono work? If you really at altruistic, post your linkedin so I will directly reach you there.

How do I get the contacts for the HR person who are filtering candidates, how do I search for the hiring manager. Do I really have to connect with them on linkedin? But their profile seems dead and doesnt have much information other than their role there. So what is with this advice going around that one has to reach out to the HR and Hiring Managers on linedkin or email. Do they have time to entertain this?

How to get a referral? I add a stranger in linkedin whose currently in that position and ask them if they can refer me?

As a fresh graduate, what kind of network are you expecting of me.

As a fresh graduate, what kind of 2-3 years of working experience are you expecting of me?

Why jobs always sound so fancy and ties a lot of responsibility but when you are into the actual job, you do mostly grunt work. Even if you in some management associate programme. So whats with the relevant experience again? It doesnt work for me coz I dont do self-filtering.

Cover letter, short or long? Do people bother reading.

I know HR post the job ad, they receive immediate candidates, so its really about how fast and how your resume stand out right? This is my experience so far.