Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I'm such a failure. Anyone can help me?
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered&Unemployed

Hi JL84, you need to start stepping on your brakes on the thought of getting rich quick. Sometimes its just not meant for everyone.

Now relax yourself & think of the things you have that money (eg. healthy body & mind) can't buy instead of being envy of your peers who seem to be more successful. Well... in some cases I am similar to you (except for the relationship part). Stop looking back at the past.

I'm have been sending out resumes for more than 11 months, got some interviews but did not get the offer. Well, one thing for sure... if you do not like sales job (eg. FA), DO NOT GET INTO ONE !

Sales job seems to drastically reduce your chances of switching career in the future. Why ? It is because of how the employment market is built, those lazy bums in recruitment agencies like to put people into sales jobs. Even if you try to apply for non-sales positions, they will call you & try to persuade you into trying for that particular position. Hoping you to jump into their trap out of desperation.

Reasons being:
1. Its not easy to find sales people (fast $ only applies if you are extremely good in sales).
2. One of the easiest method for recruitment agents to get commission (their comm is based on PER HEADCOUNT, eg. you see a position asking for 50x FA, its good & easy money for them. Much more effort is required for say... 1x Engineer or 1x Executive.)

Focus now on completing your degree & secure an entry level job that fits into your career path then move on from there.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app