Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIsadboy View Post
(Hello! Sorry, I posted this on another thread. Please let me know if it's ok to do that or not!)

I'm an NUS FCH graduate that recently started work in February at MCI with a gross monthly salary of $3.2K. I know that the 75th percentile has a median salary of $3.9K in my course. I accepted the job because I thought COVID affected the job market and I should just snatch whatever I get, since I'm a really risk-averse guy.

Can someone please advise on whether I should make the attempt to jump ship now? I know I may not land another role, but I'm wondering if I should try. I was going to stick it out for 1 year and then leave, but a person I know in MSF who works as an AD says there's no need to wait, I should jump ship now. I enjoy what I do and I really am grateful for this job, but I'm scared the longer I wait, the more my career will be affected.

Would really, really appreciate any advice. Should I at least attempt to interview at other ministries? I don't know whether jumping ship in just 3-4 months is a really bad look that will also haunt me wherever I go, but I also do need the pay as I'm supporting not just my family but my grandparents.

Thanks!
yes find others and go!!!!