Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you resign without a job? I guess colleague problems are very common.
I resigned without a job. I thought I will rest for a few months though (just plain laziness). Recently started looking and managed to get one with significant pay increase (extra 500).

My resignation was never about money. I took pride in my work. Although it was not particularly interesting, I had satisfaction in completing it well. My boss is a decent person but my coworker's work quality and work attitude were abysmal. I can tolerate a temperamental genious and a jovial idiot but I will not work alongside a useless ****tard. My boss gave up eventually on my colleague, just left that colleague to own devices even though he knows that stinky work attitude is going to affect me. I forsee sooner or later, something is going to blow up so I resign.

I wish my boss well and sometimes worry that my colleague will screw up his work. However like what you said, we are just cogs in a machine. I do hope that my replacement has more empathy than I had for my former colleague and can pick up the slack. As for my colleague, judging from her track record and overall personality, I know it will be a miracle for someone like that to succeed anywhere. That will be my consolation. I just hope it is not at the expense of my former boss or my replacement.