Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This I agree - I know of totally useless people in the workplace that stayed on for years at the expense of others. those totally useless people know how to act stressed, act busy et cetera. It is just an acting game., act convincing you win already lor. most bosses just open and close one eye as long as you don't screw up tremendously.

Sometimes partner doesn't want to blow the top in the office, you think those partners do not know it is not a pretty sight with everyone gossiping behind their back. They will gossip about the partner but usually not the one being scolded. If you screw up, whose head is on the chopping board? Not the lowly associate or executive but the partner. Your colleagues are the one cleaning your mess.

My advice is if your boss fires you, seems to nitpick on you but not your coworkers, you must reflect. Maybe your work quality is substandard.

I have been a mediocre employee before, at that point of time I thought I work very hard but I did not. I may clock in the full hours and OT but I am unfocused in my work. Stress is not an excuse if your colleague is doing same amt of work. everyone has their problems. from my own experience, mediocre people doesn't know they are mediocre.

That said, I know of people who really quite jialat in one work place but they prosper in a totally new environment. Sometimes the work is just not a good fit.

My advice to those who know they cannot cope in their new environment but choose to stay on, it may be best to seek greener pastures elsewhere. You are not doing yourself, your colleagues and your boss a favor. In fact they may secretly resent you for drawing same salary but doing mediocre work and having to clean up after you.

I believe there is a job for everyone. You don't have to love your job. A job is just a job - you have to not hate it and at least produce acceptable work

If every workplaces you have does not suit you - maybe you are the problem. If you stay in a job for years and your boss still not happy with your work but is okay your colleague, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.