Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need advise from the lawyers out there. My son has been tapped by Allen & Gledhill, Baker Mackenzie and Clifford Chance. Money aside (I know the foreign firms pay more), which of these would you recommend he join. I am being selfish here as he was also tapped by Allen Overy UK but I would very much prefer that he work in Singapore. I've lived and worked in London before and I am not too bullish of it post Brexit and the coming years. He will be graduating soon. Which of these 3 firms would position him for a long term legal career in Singapore. Which of these firms would springboard him within SG (for example with the foreign firm by son will not be SG qualified but UK qualified)? What are the pros and cons of each of these firms? Would he benefit more from a broad-based experience / training at the start vs specializing early on (capital markets + M&A)? The career paths for these firms are different due to their targeted clientele.

I am familiar with CC, Linklaters and Slaughters May, but not the branches in SG. I've engaged them a lot in my line of work in Mergers & Acquisition (I lead M&A teams globally).
This is clearly a troll. First of all, what does "I lead M&A teams globally" even mean? If you're a lawyer who works in M&A, shouldn't you know yourself? Second, assuming you're on the finance or structuring side, if you are familiar with those firms you should definitely know lawyers from those firms. Wouldn't it be far better for you to seek advice from them rather than some random internet forum?

Please stop wasting everyone's time.