Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would suggest taking the offer from CPF, and for you to also concurrently continue to upskill yourself (e.g. clear the mentioned financial advisor exams). Once cleared further down the line, then evaluate your career choices again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey! Based on what you've explained, i think you should just go ahead and take the job first if you also believe it will catapult you into your intended career trajectory. I think the pay is low because it's a position for diploma holders so it doesnt match degree pay. If you're ok then go for it! don't miss the offer. Update us
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm currently thinking of taking up the offer while completing the courses because the CPF job will only start in July.

My main concern is potentially turning down the CPF job before I start work if I pass the exams/ better offers come in before then because I'm afraid that pulling a stunt like that might lead to my being blacklisted on the stat board, which might harm my chances of working in the gov sector again.

What exactly happens when you turn down a job after signing the contract but haven't started your first day?

Thanks for all the help!