Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how much money is needed to live comfortably in singapore?
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar View Post
Hi, My fiancee and I are planning on moving to Singapore. If you could help us to sort this out we would appreciate. As of today I don't have a job offer so I think I can only get EPEC to be able to search for a job within a year and then do all the paperwork for EP. I am on the IT field which is on the skills on demand list so the question is. Would S$17700 be enough to move to Singapore, rent a HDB or whatever for we both, we are not looking for anything fancy, just average, we rather use public transportation and at the beginning will not eat out or a couple of times a month while I get a job there? Thanks
you would be living quite miserably.. food is enough to set you back by 500-1k a month. if you eat out, assume breakfast,lunch and dinner is 4$ each, that would be 12$ per person. 12x2x30 = $720. thats assuming 4$, i doubt you will 'survive' on just a 4$ meal.

just taking into account the food expenses, you will be spending assuming 850x12 = 10k in a year.

public transport = roughly 2-3$ a day IF you only go to and fro from your intended destination.

3x2x30 = 180
180 x 12 = round off 1.5k

1.5 + 10 = you get the rough idea

unless you get your job fast, fast in the sense of few months, you will be having a hard time surviving if it drags on