Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friend, have you been actively sending out applications to the various agencies? To be honest, I think the amount offered is really low for a grad. But if u have been looking for a job for a while and to no avail, suggest that you should take it up first, while at it, keep a lookout if u are still interested in changing job.
Thanks for the reply. There might be a double post since one of my earlier ones is being moderated, but I want to see if I can get this out ASAP.

I've been spamming job boards & agencies for the past year and have gone for about 5 2nd round interviews. This is my first offer, and I know the pay isn't that great; but I'm more looking to know if the product knowledge I learn at CPF in a customer service position can help me with my career after my contract (e.g. can move on to another stat board/ which industry will what I learn be useful) since I don't think I can climb if I stay anyway.

I also received another offer for a financial advisor role where the coy will send me the contract once I've cleared the necessary exams. I think this is a better option since it can help me get into the finance industry, but the opinions of the people around me are more about taking the CPF job since both them and I agree that a sales related position isn't something I'm suited for.

CPF is rushing me to reply by the week or the offer is gone, so I'm really looking for a second opinion on if it can help with my career. I'm just worried about where else I can even apply if I take the CPF job given that I've already been rejected for a whole year and also because I can't think of any other career paths I can use what I've learnt from CPF to help with my career.