Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friend, have you been actively sending out applications to the various agencies? To be honest, I think the amount offered is really low for a grad. But if u have been looking for a job for a while and to no avail, suggest that you should take it up first, while at it, keep a lookout if u are still interested in changing job.
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've been using job boards and agencies for quite a while. Gone through about 5 2nd round interviews up till today, and this is my first offer. Do you know if anything I learn from CPF (product knowledge) can be transferred to another SB/ industry?

I've also have another offer for a finanical advisor position that came at the same time as CPF that is offering me a contract once I finish the necessary exams, but I'm honestly not very sure since this is a sales position and I'm not sure if I can hit the KPI. I think this is a better position given that it's a good entry point into finance...

CPF is asking me to sign by the end of the week, so I'm really looking for a second opinion on how staying at CPF can help my career because everyone around me is telling me to just take the position over the FA job but I feel like I won't be doing anything to help my career there.