Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guys can I just ask:

I got an offer from CPF as a 2019 social science NUS grad for a customer service role. They are offering mid 2k before CPF with a $250 allowance a month, and I'll get promoted to an exec role if I stay for a year if they renew the contract.

I am honestly so very tired of job hunting (been doing it for a year) so I want to take up this job, but my main conflict is how I will be able to build a career outside of the organization with just CPF product knowledge as well as experience handling inbound calls.

I am just unsure of where I can go to next after I spend a year with CPF. Was wondering if anyone here can help shed some light on if my experience at the job will be helpful in any other career paths going forward.
Friend, have you been actively sending out applications to the various agencies? To be honest, I think the amount offered is really low for a grad. But if u have been looking for a job for a while and to no avail, suggest that you should take it up first, while at it, keep a lookout if u are still interested in changing job.