Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i was the earlier poster from SME to MNC to GLC to SB to Local bank.

actually not so straight for private cross over to CS and visa versa. it is actually quite different.
so i wouldnt say either one can be the fallback of the other.

paywise, CS compensate by bonus.. if you perform, your annual package can definitely match what you can get in private..
+ point for CS is less likely to be retrench
+ point for private is higher monthly salary (no matter what its always better to take money first than to wait for the uncertain bonus & s significant amount of performance usually tie to whether you are given a chance to perform or whether your management likes you)
I disagree that private is higher monthly salary. There are all kinds of private firms out there, including those that use low monthly, high bonus wage model. Don't forget the many commission-based roles in private as well, financial advisor, insurance agent, real estate agent, basically most sales roles and air stewardess/pilot with their flight allowance as well. All these people have alot of uncertainty even in their monthly pay, when they do well they earn alot, but when times are bad or they perform poorly, they suffer alot as well.