Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2011, 11:04 AM

Husky is on a distinguished road
Default Take them with a pinch of salt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in IT, about 7 years exp, degree holder from local U.

Getting 70k/annum. Is this reasonable??

I was reading quite a lot of posters here getting 120k and above. I know people who are getting such high pay, but I would say only a small percentage of my friends are getting that pay, and mostly in the financial and legal sector. While they are not rare, this forum seem to be attracting many with high income and I'm starting to feel underpaid.

Any thoughts?
I agree with post #664. Like you, I am a local grad with about 7 years working experience. My annual income is not far from what you quoted. Among my peers, I think I am doing quite well. If you go to the income benchmarking tool by age, you will realise you are in the top 20% of your chohort.

For some reason, the posters here paint a different story. Perhaps it's because people that come here are people who are those more concerned about their pay causing a selection bias. I will not rule out also the possibility of people inflating their pay.

I had an army friend boasting to me that he is doing very well getting $6-7k monthly. I also happen to know he recently applied for a HDB flat with his wife (who is a secondary school teacher) and successfully got one.