Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cold calls/emails to HR
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivethinker View Post
Wondering if anyone here has tried cold-calling or cold-emailing the HR or hiring manager (if you happened to know) to follow up on the status, when you received no response for your online applications?

Read many online career advice, one of which said cold-calling/emailing HR may work. But is that really the case in SG? Any HR here would like to share your view on this, that is would you get irritated when you received such cold-calls/emails?
yeah it's fine to just follow up once if you've been waiting for say 2-3 weeks without any response for the application, though usually they have this practice where no response = unsuccessful application. I'd say just follow up and shoot your shot, no harm trying and it may even catch HR's attention in the process. I've done this a few times and actually got them to reply me so it's worth the attempt. However, as some people mentioned, don't overdo it (calling many times in just a few days) because that's harassment and desperation.

Also, interesting that you mentioned cold calls/mails. If you are bold enough, try dropping HR your resume and ask if they would consider you for any job openings. I've done this ONCE in my hundreds of applications and you'd be surprised to know HR bothered to reply lol.