Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha well said (I'm not OP). But the last part made me rofl.

I disagree though, a Cambridge LLM is highly regarded. An Oxford BCL / Harvard LLM means you have more brain cells than sorting through mindless documents. Idk how you'll pull a Cambridge LLM with a 2.2 unless you pull some back alley trick.

A Nottingham FCH is what it is. It is not a FCH from any of the higher rated schools BUT a FCH is a FCH.

I think you'll only be wasting time and money if your LLM is not from Oxbridge/LSE and top tier Ivies. Obviously don't go to Brown. Harvard, Stanford, Columbia. Penn doesn't count unless you do corp and you get a dual degree from WBS (and be with the likes of Trump, who has more brain cells than anyone)

i think if u dun have much work experience, v hard to get accepted to Harvard / Columbia (you will see more partners to-be there). i hear Harvard / Yale focuses on recruiting those that will surely get into academia, while Stanford focuses on tech-related courses if u wanna do corporate / tax / international law, focus on Penn, NYU and Georgetown. heard Penn and NYU are the best for corporate law. on the other hand, LSE LLM is like a supermarket LLM...if you have NUS LLB, very high acceptance rate.