Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 04:55 PM
Verified Member

sharon.yeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm not the person u are replying to but in a similar situation. Am a FCH biz grad (not that it matters but just wanted to highlight my situation) from local U(one of the NUS/NTU/SMU). am keen to be in the banking industry, and am looking for roles inside but couldnt find any. need some serious advice on what to do lol. have tried looking for internships but most internships are looking for penultimate students
A mentor once shared this with me:

If you can't find a job in the industry you think you want to be in, think about what it is about the industry (or specific job) that you enjoy. Is it the salary? How analytical the job is? The chance to work directly with clients?

Then try to see if you can identify whether there is another industry / job that can offer you similar traits. And whether the skillsets you've developed can be transferred over or 'sold' to employers in this other industry. Start looking outside and hunting for jobs that may match what you're looking for - that may not be in the original industry you're looking at.

Hope this helps you think about your situation!