Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes it's the norm. From audit to tax to advisory / consulting, most salaries start to converge at Manager level. Advisory / consulting managers in Big 4 may be earning a little higher, but still below 7K per month. The only difference is they start off at 4K+ while audit guys start at 3K.

From what I know, the only people in Big 4 getting significantly different packages will be in Legal, or certain strategy arms which have been acquired. Let's cross out Legal since you're probably not heading there anyway. That leaves us with Monitor Deloitte, EY-Parthenon, and Strategy& - tier 2 houses.

From what I know, MD and S& tracks other tier 2 houses like ATK and OW, so u can expect a 1st year manager to get around ~15-16K onwards. I only have friends in PwC / Deloitte consulting so this is definitely not 1st-hand information, but then again i'm pretty confident the consulting peeps "know" their counterpart's salaries.
Thanks for the detailed sharing. Seems much more lucrative to go for strat/consulting roles instead if that's the case. 15k after 5-6 years is very tempting. Shall work hard and prepare for these roles...