Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I graduated from a local uni. I have been studying hard, not travelling for any exchange programs, only to be trained at a mid sized firm and I have not been retained.

I know I have problems finding an associate position. Now, I envy those party goers/travel lust in law school who also studied and enjoyed themselves. I know of a lot of people who went overseas and had fun but still managed to get retained in big fours/int firms, maybe employers like them. Maybe they are got more worldly and street smart from having different experiences. I don’t know.

I just feel that no matter how much I study I still can’t beat those party goers/wanderlusts. Why is life unfair.
Hello. Unfortunately, much of the skillset that's useful in the market place isn't taught in school and can't be gained by mugging. And it's not just wordly-wise and streetsmarts. It's so many other things.

Plus, mugging is something that prepares you for exams... Which only tests one part of what legal work requires you to be good at..