Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeperthoughts View Post
I think pursuing ST-ship is the same at most places. You have to seek your own opportunities and build your portfolio on your own. *Quoted from a very reliable source* Unlike leadership track, where to achieve a KPI, there are still JH that you can delegate out work to. There are build-in opportunities and portfolio designated for leadership track. The ST has no one to fall back on except himself/herself and lacking in "real opportunities". To be very honest, I gave up a HOD position to join this school.
Not true. I have friends who were identified as ST potential, the school identified them after a few years and were given opportunities. It was explicitly spelled out by their school management. However, they were not keen to take up the offer. They are in this not for the glamor and etc.

These friends include language teachers, math, science and humanities teacher. Not only were they excellent classroom teachers with strong curriculum leadership. They are also very nice person to work with.