Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys, I am a Singaporean that have been overseas for the last 10 years before this covid19 situation. I am in the midst of completing my mba from harvard(not flexing or anything) and after staying back in sg for a few months now , i feel like i actually prefer here over us as ppl here have generally better wlb and less taxes. As i have been overseas for the past 10yrs ever since i ord, i have no network or anything in sg(harvard networking only exists in us and europe) and not sure how much sg economy and companies has changed in the last 10 yrs ,i am wondering what kinds of job are available here that would suit me. My academic credentials should no issue, bachelors cs from cornell,
masters cs cmu and lastly mba from harvard. Work experience would be 1 year at FAANG, 3 years at a quant trading firm. From my research , I know these are all highly regarded in SG. Would working at civil or private be better? I am not looking for high salary, would be happy with just total comp of 200K+ as at this age , I want to settle down quickly and have work-life balance. Prefer working at the financial side if not i would just be wasting my mba degree lol but dont mind working at tech companies.Maybe i might prefer civil side since my goal now is to just a good-paying job till i retire.What companies here can allow me to achieve all those?
Hahaha! You are trolling the CS folks here right? Do give the banks or global tech companies here a try instead. Although you wont be offered a VP equivalent with the limited experience you have.