Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP)
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2020, 04:02 PM

COVID-19 is on a distinguished road

As an IMAPer, you will have a mentor, buddy (for each rotation), coach (supervisor) and will need to do a performance review every rotation. Because IMAPers are fresh grads, it is hard to justify and ask for a higher pay. Plus it's actually competitive (first class honours go to Prudential IMAP).
The programme was disappointing as there were a lot of random projects that took up a lot of our time and we don't really learn much. There is immense cognitive dissonance that comes from being told I'm supposed to be appreciative of my amazing opportunities as an MA, while having to face a reality that the job I'm assigned to is one of the most uninspiring things I could do with my life.
At the end of the program, I was told that my choices (which were where I rotated to), will never have headcount due to automation, efficiency, and job freeze (this was years before covid). To HR, I am just a pawn, a chess piece. They told me I'm a plaster, to go wherever the organisation needs.
Then one day I applied to another company and was offered an amazing opportunity.