Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Do most MNCs pay better than the civil service
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2020, 01:30 PM
Verified Member

ilovemoney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the work and culture in private sector and public sector are fairly different. It might not be easy to make a switch to private sector since the work experience might be different. Made this mistake in my choosing first job, as I chose my first job based on salary. Would be good to know what you want to achieve in 5 to 10 years and work backwards from there
Honestly, I don't really have any career ambition whatsoever lol, I just hope to lead a comfortable life and support my parents in their retirement. I've read that to earn a lot in the private sector, I'll have to be among roughly the top 10% in performance and be thick-skinned in asking for promotions. To be very honest I don't think I'm capable of that. On the other hand, I've read that a FCH gets you pretty far in the civil service even with average performance, so I thought that'd be a safer choice. All that I've written is from reading the forums though, so they might not be entirely accurate.