Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2020, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm quite surprised this person only earns 50k annually at 30.
Some things that might affect it.
1. Having a degree
2. Job role. Different roles are paid different. helpdesk/it support are usually paid way lower. More technical roles like it developers as like programming websites/applications/backend etc. are paid more.
3. personal skills, in IT it isn't just about years of experience. It's about actual skills you have. Just because you have 10 years of experience doesn't mean you surely will be highly paid. Someone who has 3 years but has better skills that you can easily hold a better salary.

On starting salary..

My personal view on current benchmark of current fresh grad should be around 58-60k annual, around 4+k at a 14 month package (conservative)

58-60k -ish should not be difficult if you have decent skills and take up a hands on technical role in IT.

5-6k are more for the people who managed snatch a position at a better tier company.

Below 4k are usually the bad tier companies, you can easily find a better salary if you have decent skills/ or just look for a better company
You all are delusional u know that? Employment pass is only 3.6k . this year they only increase to 3.9k ... meaning company still can hire foreigners vietnamese, phillipines, indian developer at 3.9k.

its with this reasoning my company only pay me 4k ... to them fresh grad is still only 2.8 to 3k pay range... i get only 0.5 months cause company not doing well.

so end up 50k what is so difficult to understand.