Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello, for those of us who've managed to go in house, can I ask how you guys planned your exit strategy? I'm a litigation associate in a Big4 firm, but I can't see myself doing this for the rest of my life - I want to be out of the here in 3-5 years, tops. Would love to hear what you guys did, or any advice you might have

I guess I have some specific questions as well:

- How did you choose what type of in house firm to go to? E.g. Telecoms firms like singtel; aviation/cars like SIA, Chevron; tech firms; stat boards; banks. Did you just see whichever was hiring and apply to all?

- Do I have to start trying to get myself on certain type of work? I see many in house jobs look for TMT lawyers, though I'm not sure whether I could do that as my team does commercial liti.

- What sort of work do you do on average day?

- I've heard some people say you should try to pivot to an international firm first to increase your chances of being hired by a big MNC. Is this true?

- I've heard that some people get approached by headhunters, how can I get them to approach me? Or did you guys just keep applying for job listings till one accepted you?

Sorry for the long spam, thank you for any replies