Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good job for applying for one less competitive and something more relevant to help you get to a foot into the door instead - thereafter, you just need to be on the job for 2 years before you can apply to post out to other roles.

My opinions to your question:

1. May have more than 1, but that depends on the job. Most of the roles are 1-1 replacement as estabs are fixed. Unless the unit is going through a reorg and opening rooms for more OR more than 1 person quit. Mostly, it's usually one - unless the generic role spans across different camp (e.g., medical ctr staffs etc) so you may meet different bosses at different camps.

2. Not sure if psychometric test is taken away due to CB, but as far as i know probably e-interview when possible. Since they didn't ask you to retake, probably your psychometric is ok - so don't worry about that.

3. Interest in the job and willingness to learn and contribute - i was a fresh grad with really no experience. Employers seem to always would have preference for a fresh grad with relevant academic qualification if the job is less critical (some bosses prefer fresh grads because they are 'mouldable', or some depts have preference for some work experience) and some bosses are quite fixated on academic qualifications for highly competitive roles, while some bosses look for people who can have synergies with the team etc. Honestly, for most 'critical' jobs, they would have already ring-fenced to the ex-Mil person, or they may have preference to take internal applicants due to the ease of doing clearance and handover, etc.

Perhaps, set your salary correctly so that your profile seem 'appealing' as a package, apply to something relevant to what you are doing and/or have experience, apply to something less competitive and generic and hope that your counterparts applying for the job is of the same as you.

During this period, i can imagine more people applying for DXO roles esp during the fresh grad employment periods.

Perhaps share with us whats your profile in other dept and post the kinds of role you are applying for, then we can better advise?

Thank you for your reply! It really helps to placate my nerves regarding my application.

So in my current job in the Ministry, I am actually a bit of a generalist - my role straddles across policy-making, communicating policy positions to members of public/essentially customer service and contract management.

Having been in that role for about 2 years, I decided to apply for a similar DXO role - i.e. Case Management and Performance because the job scope sounds similar to what I am doing. But I was invited to also apply for another Position which is roughly similar to what I had applied initially.

I don't know whether I would be disadvantaged because I am no longer a fresh graduate. But an attempt was made when I graduated in 2018 lah hahah. And of course, willing to learn. I miss serving in MINDEF actually. Haha.

About PT ... the last time I took it was March 2019. Understand that the test results are valid for a year only? If so ... I should be asked to take now given that I submitted my application in the middle of April. But until now no news leh ... so i am guessing that it must be due to the CB.