Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I posted that I tried for MINDEF DXO in 2018 and 2019 respectively. Am a male (NS, NUS 2:1) and currently working in a Ministry. I realized that I was rejected in both years because I applied for roles that are either highly competitive or where my qualifications would be highly irrelevant. Specifically, I applied for Defence Relations, Policy and Media Relations. Competitive positions.

I am trying again for DXO this year, submitted my application in April. This time round, I applied for positions that are a closer match to my job experiences, and are (hopefully) less competitive.

So my questions are:
1) Can there be more than 1 vacancy for each advertised position?

Actually applied for 1 position only. But HR replied and asked me to consider Position B too, and I applied accordingly. Realized that Position A was already advertised for a month before I applied.

2) Have not taken PT. Ever since HR emailed me to tell me to re-submit some documents, I have never heard back. Has CB resulted in new forms of selection processes?

3) What do you think were the factors that made you tick and got the job?

Being a DXO is a dream of mine. Would have signed on if I could haha. Thats why I am trying 3x in a row already, inclusive of this year's attempt.
1) Yes, can be more than 1 vacancy for a advertised post. i went to the interview with 3-4 different depts/units interviewing me together. Common for HR to recommend another position as maybe the other position has less applicants and they need a minimum number for selection.

2) No idea what happened there. dont think CB will change their 'documents policy' or process. At most video interview? im just guessing.

3) Factors:
i was honest and candid during interview. shared my experiences when i was an NSF and tried to link it to the job scope. i.e leadership and i used certain programs during my NSF days and is also what the current job scope requires. P.S You will only see the actual job scope during the actual day of interview. they also asked about weaknesses, the usual interview qns.

showed that i am willing to learn, be a team player. they asked some questions like if you are open to overseas posting or overseas exercises. one asked what is your expectations of promotion. i just say every 5-6 years or when the boss thinks im ready.

qualifications wise, i didnt have honours, so probably not a factor. held some leadership positions for CCA. but nth significant also.