Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Hope and Questions

I posted that I tried for MINDEF DXO in 2018 and 2019 respectively. Am a male (NS, NUS 2:1) and currently working in a Ministry. I realized that I was rejected in both years because I applied for roles that are either highly competitive or where my qualifications would be highly irrelevant. Specifically, I applied for Defence Relations, Policy and Media Relations. Competitive positions.

I am trying again for DXO this year, submitted my application in April. This time round, I applied for positions that are a closer match to my job experiences, and are (hopefully) less competitive.

So my questions are:
1) Can there be more than 1 vacancy for each advertised position?

Actually applied for 1 position only. But HR replied and asked me to consider Position B too, and I applied accordingly. Realized that Position A was already advertised for a month before I applied.

2) Have not taken PT. Ever since HR emailed me to tell me to re-submit some documents, I have never heard back. Has CB resulted in new forms of selection processes?

3) What do you think were the factors that made you tick and got the job?

Being a DXO is a dream of mine. Would have signed on if I could haha. Thats why I am trying 3x in a row already, inclusive of this year's attempt.