Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP)
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol View Post
To those interested in the program, take it as if you wanna explore an (unique) industry
This is neither your MA program in banks nor the Grad programs in civil service.

I was part of the program in one of the (then) big3 brokers.

Pros:
Some overseas exposure when sent to London w your batchmates, awesome fun with bunch of same age folks roaming Central London/UK.

Cons:
Salary was pegged at 3.2k (sucked balls, had to drive grab to make up for the income gap)
No performance bonus
Rotation meant you don't have a home dept/boss to fight for your promotion/increment during appraisal
Colleagues are not the smartest nor the brightest (not good for professional growth if you aren't young, no one to look up to in office)
Post grad certification (many peers fail miserably - xia suay - but it was quite easy for me, aced it and they will give you some paper with your name on it. Mehhhh)
Full of (incapable) ang mohs who talk more than they pang sai
Bond of $xxxxx

Only 2-3 people I know from the program stayed on in the industry.

The rest left on the dot when their bonds are up or be like me break the bond to jump out of the program, company and industry all together.

That being said with covid infecting this economy, I guess the industry will get a bumper intake of quality people from imap.

Cheers
Come back from London then break bond? Aon?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app