Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grad from local U cant find job, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It also depends on your industry and your accomplishments. My sent resume and cover letter to be reviewed and edited by professional HR freelancers (even tailored for CV AI to pick up keywords), but because my industry was in a hiring slump and I'm not a FCH, I didn't see much results between my old and new CV.
yes definitely it will be subject to your individual employability and the hiring climate of your industry. However, with all accomplishments and resume contents constant, i can definitely say it was the change of resume design that helped in my case hahaha. But yep, good point - cover letter is important too. I tailored every single cover letter to every job i applied for haha! And regarding the keywords, that's also why i urge people to flesh out their skills more to match it to the specific job scope. ok i know people advise to just apply for whatever and see what you get, but thats not very helpful advice because if the keywords in your resume dont even match the profile of the jobs you applied for, HR is gonna skip as well. Try to increase your chances by narrowing down your scope to specific types of jobs too, which is what I did.

In my case, i knew i wanted to be in a public facing role which involved community/communications/outreach etc. So i made sure to flesh out certain skills in my resume that resonated with the relevant job profiles.