Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 04:53 AM

markharris is on a distinguished road

A bit unfair, if not massively unfair with what happened in the lawmentors.sg case; the Milbank lawyer even if he was opportunistic, isn’t that a product of a free market ? Fees for mentorship, consultations etc are EVERYWHERE in all industries (consulting, banking, accountancy) and honestly 8k for 100 over hours of mentoring means 80 dollars/hour. Even JC tuition teacher charge more.

The worst part is they criticised his unsubstantiated and speculative opinion of the shrinking market and lack of jobs for NQs. Well there isn’t any concrete cohesive data pool in the first place to begin with so speculation is bound to happen. Anecdotal evidence is still some form of substantiation. Moreover, isnt this news better than Lawyers painting a rosy picture of luxury and fat salaries to draw people to the profession, only to Work them to the bone as labour and spit them out ? Shouldn’t that be penalised too?

I agree it wasn’t the most ideal method of mentorship advertising, but to be stripped of your livelihood and to no longer be able to immediately provide for your family just because you created a website - and closed it - without taking any money or starting any formal consultation sessions seems unfair. Just absurdity in my opinion.

Of course, I may be wrong. Just my opinion.