Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honest opinion guys.

I’m from a STEM background, did my undergrad in 2018. Jumped straight into finance through a generic MA program with the local banks eventually being funneled to tech side specializing in writing basic scripts that are MT4/MT5 compatible.

Wanted to break into quant roles so I jumped ship to a small family office in SG early this year. I was promised an algo-trading role but ended up my job tasking only require fixing stupid #REF errors on my boss’ spreadsheets.

Should I tender my resignation now and enroll into a target MBA (my GRE: 160 verbal 163 quant ) and try to land myself a gig with BB or should I just blindly fire PMs to BB recruiters on LinkedIn?
It’s going to be difficult as there are very few post-MBA BB schemes in Singapore.. Most companies hiring post-mba students here are consulting firms or wannabe startups. Having said that, you can try the local banks like DBS.

I work in a BB and the last thing you want is to cold call recruiters cos most of them are swamped (BBs have much smaller headcounts than local banks) sorting the many applicants who have worked in other BBs. Just hiring for one normal job takes so long cos they are so slow.