Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 01:41 AM
Verified Member

meetaimak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not really can get in so easily. HR contacted me to get referee, thereafter a week later called me to notify they are done with the reference check and will update me within 2 weeks time due to pending approval. However there's no updates after 2 weeks and so i dropped an email today to check in and was sad to being told they are still in midst of interviewing and selecting candidates and will update me again.

Waste my time waiting and not sending out resumes for that 2 weeks as i thought i found job. No idea why cant be clear cut say not selected than call to give false hopes.
Sometimes they just want to see more candidates... I got offered a stat board job 3 months after interview. At first I thought I was like no. 923263 choice but then they were saying they needed some time to interview all shortlisted candidates and then seek approval for the salary I was asking. Too late though, already signed somewhere else.

So maybe there is still hope! Of course don't stop sending that resume. All the best!