Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grad Advice: Local Big 4 Strategy vs Hong Kong Transaction Banking
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2020, 04:49 PM

trutem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Consultants at Strategy& and Parthenon don’t follow your usual Big 4 pay grades (A1, A2, S1...etc) like their Advisory counterparts btw.

What type of exit opps you’re looking for? If it’s to land a job at MBB then yes, Strategy& and Parthenon is gonna boost your chances compared to transaction banking.

If you’re comparing traditional Big 4 advisory and transactional banking, neither will get you close to MBB unless you decide to do your postgrad at a target MBA program and join their graduate associate schemes.
Yup the offer is from Parthenon. Not sure if they are following the same scale as the usual big 4 pay grade as the starting pay is ~3.8k which seems pretty low, perhaps the post integration resulted in lower payscale.
Do you know the pay progression within Parthenon?

I guess I am looking at exit opportunities within corporate strategy/business development etc. Not really MBB as I don't think I can take the consulting life for long.