Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,

I’m a temp staff that is planning to get converted. I have a part time pte degree and three yrs of exp with ns. If my experience was when I don’t have a degree yet will hr still consider that I have no experience? The position is at a statboard
Not if things are diff in Mins. But based on me experience (sb), I would say try to peesent a case with your exp to justify why you deserve that higher starting pay. If you fail it's ok, at least no regrets.

The HR wont be nice and tell you that you can actually use certain experience to ask for higher. They just take what you submit... This was my personal experience coming in from private as experienced hire but given mx13 Senior Exec cos I stupidly asked for it when applying thinking it was a decent post. They called me to double cfm that's the position I was applying for and I stupidly said yes. They also double cfm that the salary I was asking for and I said yes. On hindsight it might have shown tat they were stunned at my "self lowball" but didnt want to highlight it.