Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Big 4 firm rescind offers
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to clarify on the situation. I was from EY and recently quit my associate position to get a senior position in pwc. Pwc has deferred my starting date indefinitely till the end of the partial lockdown or longer. Fingers crossed that I'll still be able to start. Have already signed the offer from pwc and left EY
Hi there, I'm in the same boat as you. I recently left KPMG after 6 years as senior associate (I'm not local). Finally had the opportunity to jump to a Manager role at Deloitte, but HR informed me a few days ago that my offer is currently on hold. i.e. they did not rescind, but I have no starting date at the moment. This is bad because I had left KPMG less than a month ago and was looking forward to my new role, and finally a promotion after being stuck at Associate for 4 years and Senior for 2. I don't know what to do right now, all Deloitte says is to wait for further communication and I know it is tough for businesses but my bills are rather high as I am living alone (my family is in Indonesia). I even volunteered to work from home but they did not reply. I don't want to further irritate them so I am resorting to forums to see if there are others like me.

Hope you're well too brother/sister. Keep fighting