Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2020, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would like to ask people here regarding health insurance. I earn 5k a month, take home around 4k. I spend around 900 dollars on all my health insurance (including hospitalization, term and whole life plans). I have a whole life policy, the Aviva mindef term plan, a hospitalization plan (covers up to private hospital), as well as 2 different critical illness coverage plans.

I would like to ask if that is about right, or am I spending too much? (As at the end of the day, other than my whole life plan, there is no cash value to all my other policies..)
I'm not insurance guy. I also don't believe in insurance. I have no one depending on me so I don't bother buying life insurance. The same reason you don't buy life insurance for your children.

Insurance is meant to be a transfer of risk. You pay money to transfer that risk to insurance company .. if something happen to you .. you are covered. That said, if you are a billionaire, do you need insurance? Hell no. Why? cause if anything happen to you. u can cover yourself!

Or if look at it from religiously, insurance is a man made concept.. you dare insure your life if God want to take your life away?

I personally is poor man. Poor man, everywhere in the world, even in USA if poor no insurance. thats the reality of being poor. Africa they think about insurance or about food?

I only buy insurance to cover if i get into accident need to pay hospital bill etc. If insurance not enuff, can't cover how? Then slowly pay off debt lo. If really really can't pay off how? COmmit suicide. Problem solved. NO need insurance. Buy insurance only make insurance company rich.