Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP)
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2020, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by COVID-19 View Post
I joined an Insurance MAP at the largest insurance company in Singapore.
IMO, it sucks and if I had another higher paying job offer, I wouldn't join.
1. They force you to organise events, do saikang.
2. You get **** rotations and don't get the dept you want after you "finish" the rotations. During your rotations, you get saikang since nobody wants to teach you as you're only there for 6 mths and not likely to come back to their dept.
3. Favouritism. Only one of your fellow MA will get to go overseas, get 50% increment eg.
4. Exams are hard for me because I have 0 interest in studying/memorising life insurance underwriting/claims, and no time (because of the events). Anyway, it's also not a useful cert to begin with.
Surprisingly, alot of NTU 1st class honours joins the IMAP. I'm a 2nd lower but have good internship experience/OA level results.
I have left the industry luckily and am now working in our financial regulator with a much higher pay. Soon, will be enrolling in US for a masters with scholarship.
That's what all MAs do. Above and beyond the job scope. What did you think you were signing up for? You sound like you can't handle your job, can't self learn, have poor time management, and poor attitude. You are the epitome of an entitled fresh graduate. GROW UP, STRAWBERRY.

Oh, and we might even be from the same cohort. You disgust me.