Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What does it mean to have the grade "C"? Does it mean that your work is just average in comparison to the officers in the same grade as yours?

I am asking as I have been given many responsibilities last year (presenting at international conference, participating in partnership research with other institutions, etc) and frankly, I was expecting a better grade - at least a C+ because during the previous years when I was doing less, I was also given a C. This is also not my promotion year - have not had any promotion since 2 years ago.

C is a good grade, but in a more layman term it means that you are an average performer. What is your sub-grade? What was communicated to you by your RO during year end review? It could be you are geo 4/5, which means that your KRA is more demanding. So once off events like presenting at national conference etc might not be impactful enough. Are you getting the same quantum? Getting a C this year with additional responsibilities might push you higher durig ranking, but might not be good enough to warrant a C+. It depends on how many people there are in your sub grade, particularly KPs, who will most likely outperform you.