Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Performance Bonus
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 11:25 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The last time I got promoted I got C+ - 2.5 (in school A)

When I had my first round of maternity leave 3 years ago, my grade for that year was also a C+ (2.75) (in HQ)

I served in school B in 2019. So I wonder how come there's so much difference in quantum
Your C quantum is considered pretty high. I know of Bs getting 2.75 also.

I'm guessing it is due to a few reasons.

School A which you have served in earlier, either the school leaders decide the quantum differently, or you are more recognised for your achievements.

School B, since 2019 is your first year, it could be because of that. Or the school leaders might allocate the quantum differently as compared to school A.

The trend is that, the more Senior/Lead or experienced teachers there are in the higher grades, highly likely the bulk of the money goes there. This has been verified across multiple schools for a number of years (i.e. School X with a proper hierachy of teachers from 0-5 years all the way to 25-30 years in service, the C quantums are low. As compared to School Y with majority 10 - 15 years and 0-10 years, the C quantums will be higher). I have been exploring and cross-referencing to see if there is a fixed formula. But it seems pretty much just the school board allocates then just clear with the cluster superintendent.