Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Wow find it difficult to believe that you are still a GEO1 after 7 years. Have you raised your concern to your RO before?

What I have found out through my own experience is that the amount of work you have done does not matter. It is knowing the “right” person in the school and getting them to fight for what you want. Don’t forget that during the ranking session we cannot be there so no choice but to depend on others to champion our rights.

Ideally all the KPs will chip in to mention what you have done but most of the time, unless it benefits them or you are also one of the up-and-rising star in the school, they wouldn’t be bothered to and you will just end up with an average grade and never get promoted.

If you have already voiced out and it still stays the same, my advice is transfer school or get out of the service to do something else. I am in the same boat as you and am contemplating leaving the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedEmerald View Post
Just read my PB...got C+ as a GEO1.
Not many GEO 1 in my school. Did so many things...but not even a B? Am I that soo
undeserving to be given a B to the point that even if there is little competition, i'm still not good
enough to be given any higher grade than a C+?
7 years in this. It's really tiring me out.
A mistake in year 3 of service made me get a C-.
But it has been so many years. Still GEO1. Still a C grader.

😔