Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Wink Improve your resume and employability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Only had 1 interview this year even though applying jobs everyday. Didnt get that job too.
Hey just a pro tip, try to refine your resume and I recommend using online resume templates from free websites I used to have no luck landing interviews but ever since I refined my resume and used a beautiful template i actually landed like 3x more interviews...I think the career coaches weren't lying when they say your resume must stand out. I used to have the most generic white background blue font microsoft template resume lol looked like ****, so ordinary and visually unappealing.

More importantly, try to choose a template design to best fit the type of industry you're applying for. Joining the IT industry? Pick the one with the coding fonts and colours! There's a whole myriad of templates to choose from so you can choose a more appropriate one for yourself and your prospective employer.

I also refined employment experiences and academic history by fleshing out the main responsibilities and used big terms and euphemisms to make myself look more outstanding.

For example, dont just say you have experience in "customer service" - change it up: FRONTLINE CUSTOMER CARE / RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT / STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT. And what if you're applying for a job in project management? Flesh it out a bit more: PROJECT COORDINATION/PROJECT DELIVERY. These are good tips ya! If need more english help just reply here I will help you refine and beef up your content.

Fast forward today, i'm sitting on 2 offers and have turned down 3 interviews. So yup - resume plays a HUGE part; get past the algorithm and the rest is all yours. Good luck!