Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 09:16 AM
GEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzled Educator View Post
Hi... Thanks for all the replies. I guess I was quite down when I wrote the previous post. But again, I think I can do more nowadays... I will also try to be more influential in persuading my Dept colleagues to come on board with me... Actually at the end of the day, I'm more concerned about professional development of oneself. I just felt too comfortable with my current job and hope I can make a difference and impact to my colleagues... Sounds vain or probably'noble'? 🤣 Being in this service for for 6 years and started off with a dip grad, I guess I've come far enough. It's time and experiences which I will need to gather before moving up to the next grade.
To reiterate - it is possible to score A for sure as GEO 3. I did that before.

But it will be near impossible to get A the year of your promotion. Highest I have heard so far is a B. There is a saying that usually year of promotion you will only get a C+ highest. This is generally true for most people, but not all.

With regards to your long term PD, yes, try to extend out beyond yourself. Mentor others, work with other schools and organisations and grow