Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Make up your mind, was it a success or was it messed up? And were you the project leader or was the scholar the leader? If you are the leader you have the responsibility of getting it together lor.

But agree that sometimes people will exaggerate minor issues to sound almost like major problems. Not just SLs but sometimes even normal teachers sharing/bitching about people with their teacher friends from other schools. Sadly we cannot get rid of this "bagua" human nature.

Wanted to keep the story short.
Project leader was me for 2 years before this scholar came about. He wanted to value add as an advisor. Becos he wanted to show his stuff, he wanted to take control of the project... as a result, always had to seek his advice and do it his way. Previously b4 him, I only needed to tell the P what we were doing and we got on well as long as we met our LOs.

A few times the scholar was very rude and used words that made the team and I feel horrible when planned the programme on a limited budget. Whenever things did not go his way or if he missed out on certain things, he would not take responsibility and would bitch to the P about how slow and lousy we are. actually, we were waiting for his instructions since he dun like us to take control and only wanted us to follow his instructions. So obviously you know who was going to take the blame - the project leader.

so despite things were falling apart for him, instead of saying him, the P went after me. In the end, my team and I had pick up the pieces and rescue the event in 2 weeks. So I can say it was success but the mess he created was unnecessary.

Yet, In the end, the P still loved him and made us take the crap despite using our experience to solve the issues which the scholar created in the end.