Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They mention if you do not receive any news after 8 weeks from application you can take it as unsuccessful. I applied in Jan too and went for interview on late feb but mine was for without teaching qualifications.
No, the template email they send to every applicant is:

"If you are shortlisted for an interview, we will be in touch with you within 8 weeks after the job application closes with more information. In the meantime, please track the status of your application on Careers@Gov."

8 weeks AFTER the job APPLICATION CLOSES. Some applications (cs / sb) are open for 2 to 3 months but it seems that some get shortlisted within a few days or a week of applying, way ahead of the application deadline. While many others have to keep guessing with their status remaining as 'submitted' or 'in process'.

Would be good if anyone from hr or knows people in cs / sb hr can help shed some light on the hiring practices, even if its likely to be quite varied. Until then, we can just assume that if there is no change in the status or calls 2 weeks after submitting our application, means there is no hope, because aome others have likely been shortlisted. Move on and apply for other jobs and agencies. Don't wait in vain for 8 weeks.

Those writing here, including me, are looking for a job in very difficult times. Unemployment is very high in sg, even for those from the big 3 unis. Those who can help with your insights and knowledge, please do. Those who are currently employed, be human by keeping sarcasm to yourself because those who are unemployed have mouths to feed, savings running out and high chance are very depressed over the hopelessness of the unemployment situation.