Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, anyone knows how a final interview will be like? I went for ‘2’ casual chats with some of the interviewers, the first one being with the HR and TL I presume and the second with the unit members. Was quite surprised to be given a final interview as they said the first 2 ‘casual’ chats were not interviews and they told me to fill up the G50 form and credit report and pass it to them on the day of the final interview, does it mean I’m confirmed getting the job? Am quite nervous for the interview so hopefully everything goes well.
It means that you are most likely selected for the job already. You are going to meet the director / senior management at the "final interview" as part of formality and they are unlikely to veto the team lead's decision as long as you don't say anything extreme.

Treat it as a formal introduction to your future boss' boss. Be confident. Act/speak as though you are already part of the team. Mention names and things that you discussed at the previous two interviews. Give your opinions and say something "strategic". Remember, first impression counts!