Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - [advice] Recruitment agency bringing me to Small claims tribunal
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Verified Member

coldstew2k is on a distinguished road
Default [advice] Recruitment agency bringing me to Small claims tribunal

I found a job through the recruiter and I was hired directly with the company. I left the company less than 3 months, now the recruiter wants me to compensate 1 month salary (3k) to them. I will be attending the hearing in April. What are my chances?

The reason why I left was that the job does not suit me, i'm overly under qualified, nobody was training me as promised. The 1 month plus I was there, I was just staring into laptop trying to figure out rocket science literally. I was even questioned why i keep using the phrase "figure out" by my programming architect. Whenever I ask him for help or inputs he just shrug his shoulder. I worked with a team of Russians programmers. It could be cultural difference or they have no interest to train me. I even sourced for my own external training, cost approved by HR but my manager refuse to let me go. I feel like they are not keen to train me at all, thus my decision to leave.

Welcome constructive feedback.